Re: [whatwg] HTML6 proposal for single-page apps without Javascript

> On Mar 30, 2015, at 10:05 PM, Andrea Rendine <master.skywalker.88@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Static (first-page) content is loaded from that URL, while dynamic content is loaded from the MREF attribute’s API endpoint.  This HREF URL would appear in the URL bar, as it does now, and you can copy & paste the HREF URL
> Apart from the fact that your message does not address any of the issues previously mentioned, do you mean that HREF would behave as pushState, so that URI keeps track of content navigation instead of page navigation? In a previous post you mentioned HREF as legacy requirement, if I'm not wrong. However, without a mechanism similar to pushState, you can't produce a representation of how the page appears for the user. You'd end up with the very same caveats offered by iframe navigation, without the additional layer of security offered by <iframe>.

Right.  The canonical URL recreates the document state, and the HREF can be used similar to pushState.

Also, if the designer wishes, they don’t have to include an HREF, and use MREF only, and the page’s state can’t be recreated without navigation.

-bobby
---
Bobby Mozumder
Editor-in-Chief