Re: [whatwg] HTML6 proposal for single-page apps without Javascript

From: Manuel Strehl <svg@manuel-strehl.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 20:23:05 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org
> A few things worth noting:  First, we've actually tried a bunch of
> this before, and you're not using it now so I think we can say that at
> some level it was unsuccessful.
Example: Technically, frames are a subset of such a proposed feature.
You have a slim container HTML, that loads external data later on. Why
were frames abandoned? Out of several reasons the most significant
problem was the missing ability to create a deep-link into the content.

When you think of it, this is on first sight kind of surprising, that
frames, pure markup elements, interact with URLs in a way, that makes
them unusable.

-Manuel