Re: A successor to framesets

I'm surprised at your response.

How would you make the case for a solution to SPAs that is both
backwards-compatible and potentially declarative?

Would you just simply post a message saying it needs to be done and
provide some initial example code?

Would you hand-craft a few demos to make the point?

Or would you explore the idea by creating a polyfill / framework that
both allows you to test scenarios quicker, build demos, and one day
allow others to *experiment*?

In the past year I've done the first two, but now with a framework it
quicker to explore and demonstrate - a picture tells a thousand words.

The framework is just an implementation, the approach is the primary
thing. (Actually what's important is URLs, semantic HTML and simpler
markup). That's why people should watch and respond to the video.

>From the framework project page:

    WARNING: THIS PROJECT IS ALPHA SOFTWARE. ONLY USE IT FOR EXPERIMENTATION.

And the start of the video:

    Yes, it is another Javascript framework.
    But it's really more a way of thinking about web-sites.
    It's about URLs and semantic HTML
    and encouraging web-sites to emit simpler markup from the server
    and delegating completely a richer user interface to the browser.

    And maybe web-sites will end up looking more like APIs,
    just with a HTML content-type.
    And maybe APIs will look more like web-sites.

    And I think that on older browsers (like IE9) and smaller devices,
slower connections, strange browsers
    it will be more likely that the end-user gets some content in a
usable manner.

Can you suggest a better way of introducing this proposition?

regards,
Sean