Re: proposal: have W3C HTML5 reference dated WHATWG URL standard rather than W3C copy

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 08:52:46 -0400
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
CC: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, Daniel Appelquist <appelquist@gmail.com>
On 9/27/14 2:20 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> I don't fully see the value of asking a question of the form "if the
> WebApps Working Group were to do something that they appear to be
> unwilling or unable to do, would you approve of it?"

Neither do I ;-). And it appears you are the one asking the Q above (I
didn't nor did Brian, AFAICT).

David asked a different Q (and that is the one to which Brian and I
replied):

[[
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2014Sep/0087.html>

I think that the explicit question is whether a document that is a W3C
CG snapshot with a suitable title, stable content, which has been
through an FSA pass, is good enough for this spec. for the purposes of
the HTML5 spec.

how can we find out?
]]

(Although I interpreted "explicit question" to be "explicit question for
the Consortium and hence ultimately Tim", David clarified he meant
"explicit question for the HTMLWG".)

-AB