Re: After 5

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 10:31:07 -0400
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
CC: "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>
On 9/16/14 8:03 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> # We can change pretty much everything
> # Unhappiness is not a fatality
> # Don't be partisan
> # Developers
> # Doing more than talking

This is a great list Robin!

> I outline further high-level details about how I propose we move
> forward here:
>
>     http://darobin.github.io/after5/
>
> Concerning the HTML split into parts, my hope is that we do it in such
> a way that makes the result more useful for developers while retaining
> implementer-level details, which in turn should help support further
> contributions.
>
> WDYT?

I very much like what you say in this document! However, - and please
understand I don't want to start a "partisan" type flame war - it does
seem like the proposed feature split _could_ make it a bit difficult
(for various stakeholders) to clearly understand "so, what exactly is
the `canonical` version of features X/Y/Z - HTMLWG or WHATWG version?",
although I suppose one could argue moving toward the proposed model
wouldn't necessarily make things any more complicated than they are today.

Anyhow, thanks for proposal! It seems like this could be a good general
topic to discuss at TPAC, probably during one of the Wednesday sessions
(given this is relevant to the proposed Web @ 2014 session perhaps it
could be included in that session ^1).

-AB

^1