Re: Proposal: move accessibility implementation requirements from HTML to HTML acc mappings spec

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 09:57:49 +0100
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, "W3C WAI Protocols & Formats" <public-pfwg@w3.org>
Hi Maciej,

thanks for your input.

Moving all accessibility requirements to a separate spec

This is not about moving all accessibility requirements to a seperate spec,
its about moving those aspects (the mapping of HTML features to
accessibility APIs currently in [1]) which are currently woefully under
specified in the HTML spec.

An alternative approach would be to include all the current and planned
content contained in [2] into the HTML spec.

Which approach do you think is better? is there another way?

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/dom.html#wai-aria
[2] http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/html-aam/html-aam.html

--

Regards