RE: Proposal to change documentation on tabindex to strongly discourage values greater 0

I concur.

>A use case is to build a component that is used in various pages, in
>different locations, and locally assign tabindex within it, but not have
>that tabindex override the order of tabbing around the rest of the page.
>
>So the requirement *might* be something like being able to scope a set
>of tabindex attributes, such that they only apply within the scope.

One solution might be a boolean attribute that confines the effect of tabindex attributes of descendant elements to that subtree, and ignores all values of tabindex occurring outside the subtree.

I'm not proposing this; a more refined mechanism may well be needed.

Thank you for your compliance.