Re: Updated index of all HTML elements

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jukka.k.korpela@kolumbus.fi>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 21:22:04 +0300
To: public-html@w3.org
2014-03-30 19:22, Jens O. Meiert wrote:
> FYI/FWIW, the HTML index at
> http://meiert.com/en/indices/html-elements/ now includes spec links
> for all elements, as well as HTML 2.0 (it used to start at HTML 3.2)
> which makes it span all major versions of HTML.

This is an admirable effort, but there are some errors. Regarding <b>,
it’s definitely not “Bold text style” as per HTML5 CR (even though its
definition for <b> is messy to put it mildly, and <b>
*should* be defined as “bold text style” or, better, “bold font face”,
but it isn’t, in HTML5).

Similar considerations apply to <i>.

I don’t quite see the idea of including XHTML 2.0, a draft that was
never completed. If you include it, why not HTML 3.0? It might have had
more influence: it was never implemented, but it was cited for many
years after its expiration. XHTML 2.0 has just been forgotten.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/