Re: TextTrackCue changes

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 3:30 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Also note that I have only applied the changes to the HTML5.1
>> specification. Please register a bug if you would like to see it
>> backported.
>

> If HTML5 (as opposed to 5.1) is expected to go through another LC/CR due to
> substantive changes, then I would want these changes back-ported. However,
> I'm not sure I would want this change to be the one that causes going back
> to LC/CR. Can you comment on whether there are yet any other substantive
> changes made in HTML5 post CR1?

It is possible that we may go through another round of LC with HTML5.
There have been other features with substantial changes, too.

> If HTMLT5 is not expected to undergo another LC/CR from any other
> substantive change, then it would be useful to at least deprecate the
> TextTrackCue constructor and the text and getCueAsHTML members in HTML5 CR1
> (which doesn't entail introducing a substantive change).

I have just cherry-picked the TextTrackCue change for HTML5 CR1 - I
actually thought I had already done that to avoid the spec split.
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/CR/embedded-content-0.html#texttrackcue

I guess we will introduce DataCue into HTML5 CR1 once there is browser
support. Otherwise it will just go on the list of features at risk.

Cheers,
Silvia.