Re: TextTrackCue discussions

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 5:09 AM, Jerry Smith (WINDOWS)
<jdsmith@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I understand that the existing attributes map to WebVTT semantics, and to me
> that isn’t desirable.  I’m not sure of the history that added those.

For creating WebVTT cues in JS, it makes the most sense to have the
cue settings as attributes of VTTCue, since they are not part of the
cue text's markup.
It's a good separation between cue text markup and cue box formatting
and I don't see us changing that again.
It's also now part of the TextTrack CG, so change proposals would need
to be made there.

Regards,
Silvia.