Re: Updating sourcing in-band text track for MP4 files

Le 11/09/2013 19:52, Jer Noble a écrit :
> On Sep 11, 2013, at 8:50 AM, Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:
>
>>      - the content of the cue contains the sample data. Note: the cue content can be in .text (base64 encoded if initially binary) or if the cue interface (TextTrackCue, VTTCue or UnParsedCue or whatever the name) includes an ArrayBuffer, we should use that.
> Why not a have the .text property contain a Blob URL? Metadata tracks can contain significantly large pieces of data.  Exposing the data as a Blob URL allows UAs to only extract the cue data from the media stream when that data is explicitly asked for, rather than extracting that data proactively, whether it will be used or not.
I agree, it's better when the data is large. Thanks for the suggestion.
However, if the data is small, you'd have to create a FileReader to get
the ArrayBuffer from the Blob, for each cue that you need to parse and
that may add an overhead. I don't know if this is really the case. Maybe
worth having both and let the parser signal which one it uses.

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato
Groupe Multimedia/Multimedia Group