Re: Cite element...

Hi Chaals,

>Tantek suggested on the html-wg IRC channel today that it should be
possible to use a full structured citation as content of a cite element.

my initial changes[1] to cite:

information about a quoted source.

It may be formal reference (i.e. an academic citation), which may
include the author(s) name, the title
 of a work, page number(s) date of publication or other information
typically included, dependent

 on the citation style being used. It may also be an informal
reference such as the author's name.</p>

and example:

<cite>Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations,
+December 1948. Adopted by General Assembly resolution 217 A (III)</cite>.

but modded it after feedback (thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013Aug/thread.html#msg112)

note that it is not forbidden to markup a reference using a pattern like
tantek's microformat example, but its not explicitly encouraged:

<cite class="h-cite">
    <a class="u-url p-name"
href="http://tantek.com/2013/104/t2/urls-readable-speakable-listenable-retypable">
      URLs should be readable, speakable, listenable, and unambiguously
retypable, e.g. from print: tantek.com/w/ShortURLPrintExample #UX
    </a>
   (<abbr class="p-author h-card" title="Tantek Çelik">Çelik</abbr>
    <time class="dt-published">2013-04-14</time>)
  </cite>

source: http://microformats.org/wiki/h-cite

[1]
https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/fdb9ff6bafb3972288081a075790d0dd8ec39faa