Re: Making all elements and attributes that contain hyphens valid

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
> On 21.10.2013 22:37, Sam Ruby wrote:
>>> 1. data-* attributes should be encouraged for inpage scripts and
>>> Javascript libraries who are not yet widely recognized
>>
>> What would you expect to happen once such a library becomes widely
>> recognized?
>
> Library authors can decide to switch to prefix-* or support both
> syntaxes. AFAIK AngularJS supports both ng-* and data-ng-*.

Interesting that you dug into this. AngularJS actually supports a
variety of extension solutions:
http://docs.angularjs.org/guide/directive

They also support x-ng-* , ng:* , ng_* - I hope that we're not
expecting every single library to support all these prefix variations
just to "secure and cover" their namespace.

Silvia.