Re: using strong to indicate a title?

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/common-idioms.html#sub-head

HTML does not have a dedicated mechanism for marking up subheadings, alternative titles or tag lines. here are……

Obviously subheadings are used frequently. So rather than tip to around alternatives, why not create one specifically for that purpose as we have done for so many other things? If group wasn't working for whatever reason (i personally thought it's implementation was fine) something does need to pop up to fill this use case, it's not rare.

-Christopher