Re: Google and MPEG LA Announce Agreement Covering VP8 Video Format

On 3/8/13 10:05 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Furthermore, since the first round of HTML baseline codec debates, every
> major browser has gotten on board with shipping H.264.

I don't believe this is quite the case.

For example, it's not clear to me what the situation of Firefox is with
H.264 on operating systems that do not provide a system H.264 decoder
(which is 30+% of internet users last I checked, varying by geographical
location based on how prevalent Windows XP is).

-Boris