Re: Technical Review of EME (DRM in HTML5)

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>wrote:

> Let me be crystal clear. I would be delighted if this specification
> figured out how to create an open and inter-operable DRM ecosystem that
> was simple to implement, that was fair to content creators and viewers
> alike, and that would work across all browsers on all platforms. Really,
> I would.

You appear to misunderstand the scope/goals of the EME spec. Defining "an
open and inter-operable DRM ecosystem" is not in scope. The EME abstract
[1] makes this clear, so it is clear that you start your comments based on
a false assumption.

The issue of content key protection is also clearly marked out of scope
[2], so your comments on protection of key secrets are similarly based on a
false assumption.

I'd suggest you carefully reread the abstract and other statements in EME
that clearly delineate the scope of this spec, and reformulate your
comments accordingly.

Regards,
Glenn

[1]