Re: Oppose DRM ! Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

Boris,

What exactly do you mean by "out of band"? Many things are out of band from
the context of W3C. Indeed, the definition of HTTP is OOB from this
standpoint, as is the definition of SSL. So I assume you don't mean "out of
band" to just mean "outside of W3C" but perhaps something else? FWIW other
specs also leave things "out of band" -- e.g. in SSL you (the browser
vendor / distro) need to somehow determine what set of root CAs to include.
I'd be curious to know what exactly it is that disturbs you. I suspect it's
the fact that a (non-free) license may be required under some proposals,
but I don't want to mischaracterize you.

-Ian