Re: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014

Hi Sam,

a few comments/questions

Is it intended moving forward that any potential additions to HTML are
first developed in the form of an extension spec?

There appears to be no method for the WG to obsolete features from
HTML other than due to lack of implementation. Is this the case?

Can extension specs be developed that are not intended to be
potentially folded into the spec prior to 5.0 REC? For example the
maincontent element [1]

regards
SteveF

[1] http://www.html5accessibility.com/tests/maincontent.html