Re: Issue 30 (Was: RE: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014)

On 09/21/2012 02:28 PM, Adrian Roselli wrote:

> What I don't know, however, is if their roles with the groups mean
> they are agreeing to this based on a directive from W3C management
> (just as Sam said the chairs' intention to proceed with the survey
> was put on hold by W3C management) and a clear indication that no
> other option was allowed, or because they genuinely thought this was
> the right course of action for accessibility.
>
> I understand I have to search to find that answer.

The following links may prove helpful:

http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Principles.html#Modular
http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/

I will state that it was not a directive, but was considered as input
from the Director that we considered in formulating the plan that you
now see.

- Sam Ruby