Re: WHATWG patches staged for merge week 38

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi silvia,
>
>> This branch has several patches that address the problem of using
>> @title for accessibility.
>>   I would like to get help to decide which parts to apply.
>>   Review here:
>>   https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/master...feature;whatwg_title
>
> I wil review the changes and provide feedback.
>
>>   This contains several updates to the WHATWG spec about the W3C spec.
>>   I think it can be applied safely without impact on the W3C spec,
>>   but we can also ignore it.
>>   Review here:
>>   https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/master...feature;whatwg_cleanup
>
> I strongly suggest that the details about the differences between the
> W3C spec and the WHATWG spec NOT be included as the language used is
> not neutral.

When I said "safely apply it" I meant that it will not end up in our
spec, because it's in an area of the "source" file that is not
included into the HTML5 spec. Apologies for being imprecise.

> I would instead suggest if the WG want to include information about
> the differences between the 2 specs it be drafted and reviewed by the
> WG.

I don't think we need that, since the WHATWG is keeping that list
up-to-date. We have instead a document for listing the differences to
HTML4, which Simon is updating - and doing a great job if I may say
so. I think that's sufficient.

Regards.
Silvia.