RE: Info from HTML5 editors: merging WHATWG patches

I am stil new to the process around here, but I just want to make sure I understand -- this means @srcset is moving to the on hold / wait for HTML.next branch, but that <picture> is still under consideration.

Am I correct?

What's the process if WHATWG runs with @srcset and this WG hasn't come to consensus on <picture>?