Re: Formal Objections on REC-track status of polyglot and alt-techniques

On 2012-11-29 18:15, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> At the time we discussed Note track vs REC at TPAC, I did not
> mention anything about withdrawing Formal Objections, temporarily or otherwise.
> I simply did not think about it.
>
> After thinking about it and discussing, I've concluded that it would
> be better to have a Working Group Decision

OK, I have no problem with this.

However, please run the poll with independent questions about:

a) Whether the documents should or should not contain any normative
statements.
b) Whether the document should be on the REC-track or NOTE-track.

> [*] To pre-emptively address potential worries: if WG decides to
> proceed with these documents on the REC track, this approach will still
> result in your Formal Objections being forwarded to the Director to
> consider as part of the CR transition and will not prejudice them in any
> way.

In that case, since the presence of a formal objection does not preclude
the WG from conducting a poll on the issue, it seems my formal objection
can simply remain conditional on the document's REC-track status.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/