Re: Alt-Techniques Formal Objection Rationale

On 11/19/2012 08:14 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 11/19/2012 07:19 AM, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> At the HTML F2F, I was asked to provide rationale for my previously
>> filed formal objection to "HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text
>> alternatives" (alt-techniques).
>
> At TPAC, there was also discussion of an alternative path to
> resolution[1].  Repeating what I previously stated[2], in case it was
> overlooked due to the subject line:
>
> If the Formal Objections on this matter[3] are not withdrawn, they will
> be forwarded for consideration by the Director as we proceed to CR.  If
> they are withdrawn, we will proceed with the Working Group decision
> process[4] on this matter.

Once again, I will ask if you both if you wish to proceed with the
Working Group decision process or if you wish this to be processed as a
Formal Objection at this time.

If you wish to proceed via a Working Group decision, please indicate
that you are withdrawing your Formal Objection (without prejudice) and
opening a bug on the relevant specification.

> - Sam Ruby
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2012/11/02-html-wg-minutes.html
> [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Nov/0141.html
> [3] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/formal-objection-status.html