Re: HTML Canvas 2D Context exit criteria (was RE: CfC: Request transition of HTML Canvas 2D Context to Candidate Recommendation)

On 26.11.2012 19:50, Rik Cabanier wrote:

> The Canvas 2D editors believe that our spec should not wait that long.
> The Canvas 2D spec is significantly smaller than the HTML one and is already implemented with comprehensive test suites on several browsers.
> In addition, the at-risk features (such as hit regions) will most likely see significant changes in the near future and will end up in the next revision.

I don't have informed opinion on how stable and impemented Canvas 2D is.
However it would be quite strange if Canvas 2D as an extension of HTML5
will gain REC status before HTML5 on top of which is layered.

    Jirka