Re: Issue 31c: Meta generator

Le 19/05/12 16:02, Leif Halvard Silli a écrit :

> To my dismay the info I gathered from Softpress last year, and which I
> think said essentially the same thing that Daniel and Julian said
> (namely that they are not going to remove the generator despite its
> effects on validation), was not included in the reopen request (the
> CP): [1]

I would like to say something important, at least to me: whatever is
the reason a specific behaviour was added to the generator meta tag, and
even if it's a very good reason related to a11y or whatever, I still
think it's a very bad idea. I would think the same even if it was
something enormously important. There is nothing that should be changed
in the way <meta name="generator"...> is used by editing tools and
authors today. If some need a hacky mechanism based on it, it's because
@alt handling rules are flawed from the very beginning.
I don't think adding a hacky fix to something I have always found broken
is a good path to follow here.

</Daniel>