Re: Call for Review: Web Audio API

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> What interests me most here is the position of non-WebKit browsers
>> towards this API and towards implementing it, considering that there
>> are alternative proposals in development. Not so much about whether
>> they'd implement it, but rather whether they think it's implementable
>> and the right approach. Anyone from Mozilla, Opera, IE able to
>> comment?
>

> I'm not sure what you would like to hear from Mozilla that hasn't already
> been said.

I don't think there has been an explicit statement on the public-html
list. I am aware that you are working on a different proposal, which
integrates across multiple media problems: an audio API, capture and
recording of video and audio, and  peer-to-peer streaming [1]. That
likely expresses your position. I don't think that people on this
mailing list are generally aware of this effort, though, so it's worth
pointing it out.

> I would love to hear more from Opera and IE.

Agreed.

Cheers,
Silvia.

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/streams/StreamProcessing.html