Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]

On Mar 20, 2012, at 23:18 , John Foliot wrote:

> Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>> Just to make this clear: I have listened to blind users. I am well
>> aware of the need to describe the poster and I have made a suggestion
>> for how to do this with existing markup. I have then spoken again to
>> more technically-involved blind users that have agreed - no, more so:
>> suggested - that @aria-label is a sufficient for description of a
>> video poster.
>
> It isn't, and here's why:
>
> 	1) The <video> element, when containing both a media asset and an
> image, now has 2 objects that require a longer textual description.

OK, there is the problem, it doesn't.  It has one object, the video;  you are entrenched in a confused position caused by the unfortunate choice of the word 'poster'.  Everything else you say is founded on this misapprehension.

David Singer