Re: ISSUE-183: enhance-time - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

http://www.w3.org/wiki/User:Cjones/ISSUE-183

This Change Proposal as written has some significant flaws. If they are not addressed, it is likely that this Change Proposal will be rejected for lack of sufficient Details. The Rationale could also use improvement.

- The Details for this proposal are insufficient:
   - Item 1, "Remove the<time>  element and all associated attributes", is quite clear and sufficient in itself.
   - Item 2, "Replace the time and date parsing instruction set with the<data>  element", is quite unclear. It is not at all obvious what it means to replace a "parsing instruction set" with an element. This proposal needs to spell out the details. How would the <data>  element provide for date and time parsing? The Chairs presume that something along the lines of this (reverted) change is intended: <http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=6782&to=6783>. If so, the Change Proposal should be updated to reflect that.
   - Item 3, "Update the time and date parsing instruction set with the additional rules introduced by Tantek Çelik's proposal to ISSUE-183" is not nearly specific enough. However, it seems these changes are uncontroversial, as they are called for by both Change Proposals on this issue, further, they have been adopted by Call for Consensus. Therefore, we suggest simply striking this material.

some evidence should be provided that the other proposal recommends the use of <data> to hold machine-readable date and time, or that <data> would be used this way in practice notwithstanding the spec.

Regards,
Maciej