Re: Note in HTML4 spec about html5?

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
> adding to all past HTML spec information about HTML5 is
> nonsense.

A pointer to newer work is useful to people who arrive at those pages,
just as the existing pointer to XHTML was useful in its day. How is
that nonsense? What do you have against linking to relevant content?

> Will we update this info when HTML6 is out or completely
> another format will prevail on the Web?

Why not?

Personally, I'd prefer W3C rescind outdated recommendations, but
linking to more up-to-date specifications is a good substitute.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis