Re: Reminder of the Deadline for reopen requests based on New Information

Hi Paul,

I didn't see any response form the chairs to my comments:

> 1) Identification of specific tools that include <meta generator>: <
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposal/meta_name%3Dgenerator_does_not_make_missing_alt_conforming#current_usage_of_meta_name.3Dgenerator_.28New.29
> >

> > - This provides evidence of widespread use, but no concrete evidence
> that this causes alt to be omitted more often. This could be material new
> information if more was provided.

How is it possible to provide concrete evidence when the tacked on error
suppression has not been widely implemented yet?
The reasoning and design behind the supression of errors for missing alt is
to allow authors to not provide an alt, how does this NOT lead to alt being
omitted more often if the check for its presence is suppressed?

) A claim that the majority of content with the generator flag was not
> created with a WYSIWYG tool:
> <
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposal/meta_name%3Dgenerator_does_not_make_missing_alt_conforming#Majority_of_content_not_exclusively_WYSIWYG_.28New.29<http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposal/meta_name=generator_does_not_make_missing_alt_conforming#Majority_of_content_not_exclusively_WYSIWYG_.28New.29>
> >

> - This seems to be responding to a point not made and not cited in the
> decision (there are general references to "authoring tools" but not
> specifically "WYSIWIG tools"), so this point would not have materially
> affected the decision.

 It is ai MUST requirement in the HTML5 spec: "This value must not be used
on hand-authored pages." The CP demonstrates with copious data that the
opposite is true.

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner