Re: Proposed adaptive image element

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:46:36 +0200, Ng, Sheau (NBCUniversal)
<Sheau.Ng@nbcuni.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this group. My view is that the proposed feature would be
> applicable not only on image element, but to video and possibly other
> elements as well.
>

> The quality is generally improved when the source can adapt to the
> destination capabilities, rather than have the clients perform possibly
> CPU intensive scaling or other format adaptation.

Hi Sheau,

there is already work in the public-html-media mailing list within this
working group to allow for adaptive streaming of media (including working
with content-protection).

cheers

Chaals

> In the case of protected content, the client-side adaptation is
> generally done on the clear-text content, which could pose additional
> content security issues.
>

> --
>
> Sheau Ng | NBCUniversal | P: +1-609-759-0819

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan noen norsk