{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-06-07 - actions, issues, task force reports

Automated draft minutes at [1], text version (with minor edits) follows:

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-html-wg-minutes.html

                               - DRAFT -

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0026.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Radhika_Roy, +25686aaaa, dsinger, paulc, ddorwin, Sam,
          jaymunro, eliot, KevinStreeter, Mike, Julian_Reschke,
          +1.613.491.aabb, Clarke, [Microsoft], Aaron, adrianba,
          glenn, yang (Huawei)

   Regrets
   Chair
          Sam Ruby

   Scribe
          Glenn Adams

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]ACTION items due by Thursday, June 7
         2. [6]New Issues this Week
         3. [7]Items Closed last Week
         4. [8]Items Closing Next Week
         5. [9]New Calls this week
         6. [10]New Surveys This Week
         7. [11]Decisions This Week
         8. [12]Task Force Reports
         9. [13]Other Business
        10. [14]Scribe for Next Meeting
        11. [15]Adjournment
     * [16]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 07 June 2012

   <scribe> ScribeNick: glenn

ACTION items due by Thursday, June 7

   ACTION-217: Create an updated Caret ring focus (Rich, Ted,
   Frank)

   <trackbot> ACTION-217 Create an updated Caret ring focus (Rich,
   Ted, Frank) ISSUE-201 CP notes added

   <rubys>
   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/001
   6.html

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0016.html

   <dsinger> issue-201?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing
   capability to fallback content -- open

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

     [18] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

   rubys: any updates?

   paulc: some discussion on TF happened
   ... cover under TF reporrt

   ACTION-219?

   <trackbot> ACTION-219 -- Edward O'Connor to review Michael
   Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199a -- due 2012-06-07 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/219

     [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/219

   paulc: ted asked for extension
   ... look under announced list

   <rubys> action-219 due 14 June

   <trackbot> ACTION-219 Review Michael Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199a
   due date now 14 June

   ACTION-219: extend one week to 14th

   <trackbot> ACTION-219 Review Michael Cooper's CP for ISSUE-199a
   notes added

   <paulc> Ted's request:
   [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce
   /2012AprJun/0027.html

     [20]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012AprJun/0027.html

New Issues this Week

   none

Items Closed last Week

   none

Items Closing Next Week

   ISSUE-205: text-editing-canvas, Survey closes Jun 7

   <trackbot> ISSUE-205 Define what author guidance and/or methods
   should be provided to those that wish to create accessible text
   editors using canvas as a rendering surface. notes added

   ISSUE-203: media-descriptions, Write Alternate or
   Counter-Proposal

   closes Jun 10

   <trackbot> ISSUE-203 All Media Elements should have the ability
   to have both short and longer textual descriptions associated
   to the element notes added

New Calls this week

   none

   <paulc> The Huawei rep is probably one of the ??P items in the
   list of phone participants.

New Surveys This Week

   none

Decisions This Week

   none

   <paulc> Could the Huawei rep please contact paulc at
   pcotton@microsoft.com to discuss the WG phone mechanics.

Task Force Reports

   <rubys> Here what I would report if I were to attend the
   meeting

   <rubys> * We meet as planned on June 5th 2012 (meeting notes ->

   <rubys>
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2
   012Jun/0004.html)

     [21]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Jun/0004.html)

   <rubys> * Spring Cleaning Part #1 Completed (updated 353 tests
   to use /resources as

   <rubys> the vroot for testharness.js)

   <rubys> * Expecting a new test submission/contribution from
   Mathias Bynens

   <rubys> * David Zbarsky updated the Opera Microdata tests with
   feedback from Simon

   <rubys> Peters

   rubys: Testing TF
   ... discussion?
   ... A11Y TF

   MikeSmith: janina usually does, but can't make today's call
   ... updated CP for ISSUE-31c, meta generator exception
   ... will be provided by Friday
   ... also further discussion on ISSUE-194
   ... proposal around transcript element
   ... progress made on agreement, but further discussion needed

   <MikeSmith> issue-199?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-199 -- Define complete processing requirements
   for ARIA attributes -- open

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199

   MikeSmith: ISSUE-199 is another issue
   ... janina needs to discuss with ted

   <MikeSmith>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-html-a11y-minutes.html

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2012/06/07-html-a11y-minutes.html

   rubys: what is next step on ISSUE-194?

   MikeSmith: expecting to have TF consensus call, but didn't
   happen
   ... due to lack of agreement on CP
   ... JF, Sylvia, Eric, and Ted needed further discussion

   rubys: questions?

Other Business

   ISSUE-201?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing
   capability to fallback content -- open

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

     [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

   rubys: note from frankolivier about aligning proposals

   <rubys>
   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/002
   0.html

     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0020.html

   frankolivier: awaiting feedback from Ted

   paulc: chairs will follow up, but probably not until next
   Monday after mjs returns
   ... will try to push along

   ISSUE-204?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule
   that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

     [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

   rubys: got indication TF will object to any/all SHALLS
   ... ready for survey, but not sure
   ... would like indication that a consensus may be obtained
   first
   ... haven't heard back from janina yet
   ... wants to hear something back soon

   [who's talking?]

   <rubys> here's what I posted:
   [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/002
   1.html

     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0021.html

   cynthia: asks mike to follow up

   rubys: media teleconference times

   paulc: tuesday 1500Z looks like best time
   ... will work with editors to create agenda for next week's
   first meeting
   ... mikesmith has worked on admin tasks,
   public-html-media@w3.org is new ML
   ... people will need to subscribe
   ... also a tracker assigned to telecon slot
   ... changed bugzilla linkage for components prior used, now
   linked to new public-html-media ML
   ... will send out email announcing agenda tomorrow

   rubys: AOB?
   ... ISSUE-189?

   <rubys>
   [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/002
   1.html

     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jun/0021.html

   ISSUE-189?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be
   coordinated with IETF -- open

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

     [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

   scribe: needs follow up from ted, otherwise will treat as
   withdrawn

   julian: this action went to chair of A11Y WG, so maybe feedback
   will arrive

   rubys: ted's CP says editor can do what he wants, but rubys
   said needs more specificity

   julian: will look at CP

   rubys: any other other business?

Scribe for Next Meeting