Re: Moving forward with Issue-204

On 07/25/2012 04:36 PM, Edward O'Connor wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> I wrote:
>
>>> I've updated the Change Proposal to ensure that the unrelated change
>>> (the typo fixed in the "The translate attribute" section) would not be
>>> lost.
>
> You replied:
>
>> Why?
>
> Because I didn't want the typo fix to get lost.

The proper way to do that would be a separate bug.  Which in this case
would have been entirely unnecessary as the problem does not exist in
the current spec.

>> This appears to be unnecessary, it introduces confusion, and Judy has
>> objected. Please reconsider removing this. Either that or identify why
>> it is important to you for this text to remain.
>
> I've tried to rework the details section to address your concern. How
> does it look now?

As currently worded it appear that the "User Agents are encouraged"
paragraph would only need to be added if the Editors chose to apply the
change in the manner that you have proscribed.

The quickest, easiest, and frankly best, way to address this is to
remove the unnecessary, confusing, and frankly irrelevant paragraph that
starts with the words "One way to apply the above changes".

> Ted

- Sam Ruby