Re: ISSUE-201: Aligning the two change proposals

Hi Steve,

You wrote:

>> "Each hit region has an associated control, which is either an
>> element or an unbacked region description. You pass in the control
>> when you call addHitRegion()."
>
> to clarify, regions only have a control when they have an associated
> element. so unbacked regions don't have a control right?

No; if you reread the quoted bit above, you'll see that a control is
either an element or an unbacked region description.

> If the list of roles allowed on unbacked regions is constrained to
> those that make sense, then I could live with the rest of the concept.

I'd rather not add an explicit whitelist of allowed roles; instead, I'd
rather the WAI-ARIA spec have some prose describing the sorts of roles
that can be used with such constructs.

Ted