Re: [html5] inline table

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis, Mon, 30 Jan 2012 07:49:12 +0000:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

>> I understand that HTML5 parsing model prohibits <table> and other by
>> default block elements to be contained inside text containers like <p>
>> and <span>.
>>
>> But what if I want to use table that has display:inline-table styling
>> inside <p> for example:
>> http://terrainformatica.com/w3/inline-table.htm
>>
>> Is use of <span> soup with display:inline-table & friends styling is
>> the only option for such cases?
>
> Can you give an example of real content with inline-block tables?

Example: The <object> element is supposed to be able to contain
fallback for AT etc. And so, an image of a diagram could use a table as
fallback. Only, it is not legal to considered conforming to have a

http://tinyurl.com/objecttable

> What's your rationale for not using <div> instead of <p> here?
>
> Note how HTML5 defines what represents a "paragraph":
>
>     http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/content-models.html#paragraphs

It is a bit unpractical to change the parent element just because the
child element happens to to be an <object> with fallback, no?
--
Leif H Silli