De: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Para: public-html@w3.org
Asunto: United Nations WCIT ITU Conference and Scientific Forums

HTML Working Group,

Given the recent contentious United Nations WCIT ITU conference, where it seems that nations disagree about the roles of states with regard to the Internet and the Web, where the United States and other nations took a stance against state regulation, took a stance for a multi-stakeholder model, and, in particular, as we start to discuss digital textbooks, I wanted to broach whether scientists or technologists participating at the W3C have had or have any concerns about foreign or domestic government operatives, or participants entangled with foreign governments, including governments which have indicated a stance that states should have a role, of some sort, in regulating the Internet or Web?

Is anybody interested in considering or discussing whether some participants at the W3C, either already having had participated, participating presently, or arriving to participate, might be here at the behest of governments including governments which have indicated a stance with regard to the regulation of the Internet or Web?

Kind regards,

Adam Sobieski