CfC: Close ISSUE-131: caret-location-api by Amicable Resolution

On 08/02/2012 12:59 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> */For these reasons I would ask that the chairs move issue 131 to
> and save proposal
> /**/ for
> review at that time. This will give more time for canvas,
> contenteditable, web-based IME support, and cross-cutting accessibility
> support to develop and mature. If the chairs agree to then I would
> support the chairs decision for HTML5 as a temporary one requiring
> greater view in the next version, otherwise I will need to formally
> object to the chairs decision.

We previously vacated the original issue 131 decision, reopened the 
issue, and allowed changes to be made:

Now Richard is asking that we effectively consider his proposal 
withdrawn for the HTML5 time frame.  Frank has also agreed to postpone 
this to

Given that no active proposals remain, the chairs are now asking if 
there is consensus to roll back the hit testing proposal and to defer 
the feature to  If anybody would like to raise an objection 
during this time, we will require them to accompany their objection with 
a concrete and complete change proposal.

If no objections are raised to this call by August 30th, 2012, we will
direct the editors to make the proposed change, and will only consider
subsequently reopening this issue based on new information and a
complete change proposal based on the spec's contents as it exists after 
this change is applied.

- Sam Ruby

Note: while the process for has not been determined, people 
are welcome to publish proposals for what the spec should look like, and 
should any Working Group member chose to do so, we will make provisions 
to publish same on the W3C site (alongside any other proposals that may 
be made)

Received on Wednesday, 22 August 2012 13:08:05 UTC