Re: Media Source draft proposal

On Apr 23, 2012, at 2:26 PM, Aaron Colwell wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2012, at 11:00 AM, Aaron Colwell wrote:
> >
> > I agree with Rob that WebRTC & the Audio-WG should coordinate their efforts. I'd prefer it if there was only 1 way to get the stream data, decoded or otherwise, out of the HTMLMediaElement.
>
> I think the same principle applies to getting data *into* the HTMLMediaElement. And ideally, the ways of getting data in and out should align well with each other. That's the reason I think MediaSource should be part of this conversation
>
> Fair enough. I'm open to exploring this. I think we should consider refactoring MediaStream a little bit so the WebRTC specific methods for muting & stream enabling are in some form of subclass.
>
> How do we proceed? I'm a W3C newbie so I'm not sure what the process is.

Well, one possible approach is to proceed totally informally, by having a joint conversation of the relevant communities of interest. The more formal approach would be to create a Joint Task Force of the affected Working Groups. If folks conclude that this is a sensible approach, then the Chairs of all three WGs would have to confer to propose something.

Regards,
Maciej