Re: CfC: Create Media Task Force

I would like to express my support for the creation of the media task
force. I believe there are some compelling reasons to support it:

1. There is currently too little standardization to allow content to work
across different media systems.
2. Instead, there are several proprietary and incompatible systems
leveraging the <obj> tag.
3. Therefore content owners must currently choose to support multiple
systems or risk not having their content available through certain
platforms or media systems. This is expensive and inefficient. These
factors add up to significant business risk.

Finally, regardless of the desirability of any particular solution, the
problem exists and is not likely (IMO) to go away. Addressing the problem
in a task force seems far more productive than ignoring the problem.

Thanks,
-Clarke