Re: noted 3 issues re: time/data (was Re: minutes for HTML WG f2f, 2011-11-04, part 1)

Hi,

My example was more to illustrate a scenario where a page may have multiple
<time> elements and anything that's traversing that page, for example a
search engine spider, couldn't possible know which one of the <time>
elements on the page in question was representing the publish date, and
therefore which one is the relevant one (in this case).

> Note, though, the conflict between "publication date" and "last modified
date".  The former never changes, the latter does, and the latter is always
the same or following the former.

Very true, and it is an issue. I would propose either:
1. pubdate should always represent the most recent date for the page,
whether it be when it was published or when it was modifed.
2. Add another attribute such as moddate which represents the modified date
which then allows both sets of data to be retrieved.

Regards,

Ian

--
ian devlin