Re: follow up on the discussion in HTML5 about metadata access

Ha! I've managed to offend everyone and it's now also on www-archive@w3.org. :-)

But seriously: we were talking about introducing an API for media
elements into HTML and I was arguing on this background. Any other
format is irrelevant in this context, but in particular formats that
Web browser don't even interpret natively. I was defining the "Web" on
that background and most certainly very tightly.

I am sure in the general case you will define that term more broadly,
but that was just irrelevant in the context of the thread, which I
used it for. I was trying to make a point about the relevance of that
API.

Anyway - apologies to everyone who took that as an offense.

Best Regards,
Silvia.