Re: Option 3

On 2011-03-23 00:05, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Sam Ruby<rubys@intertwingly.net>  wrote:
>> Maciej, haven't you been on vacation?  :-)
>>
>> You might want to recheck...
>
> Sam, can you clarify this. Are you saying that the FSF lawyers have
> reviewed the Option 3 license or the MIT license? And if so, that they
> concluded that it was GPL compatible?
>
> If any review of the Option 3 license have occurred and FSF has made a
> public statement about it, do you have a link to this statement?

We should also check that the licence complies with the Debian Free
Software Guidelines (DFSG) [1].  I believe the implicit field of use
restrictions in the proposed licence would make it incompatible.

[1] http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/