From: Laura Carlson [mailto:laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 June 2011 18:42
To: Ranon, Marco
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or
Counter-Proposals

Hi Marco,

> From our experience, nowadays most screen readers support longdesc but
> still it isn't available to sighted keyboard users.

Innovative browser vendors and developers provide ways that make
longdesc discoverable to sighted users.
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc/Implement
ation#Browser_Discoverability_of_longdesc

This is reflected in the new spec text for the rendering section:
http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld-rendering2.html

Best Regards,
Laura
--
Laura L. Carlson

 To report this e-mail as Spam, please forward it to:
spam@mailcontrol.com

--
DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.