From: Karl Dubost [mailto:karld@opera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 10:44 PM
To: Maciej Stachowiak
Cc: Tab Atkins Jr.; Leonard Rosenthol; Henri Sivonen; public-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Adaptive images

Le 31 mai 2011 à 22:08, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :
> I also don't think a solution that requires the server to make the choice by sending it a special header is very good. It is not usable in server-free environments such as widgets or ebooks.

It might be a little bit off-track but I wonder what is the processing model of epub files, once the zipped bundle is downloaded. Basically, I naïvely wonder why once downloaded and unpacked it is not possible to create a Web server where the root is the root of the epub file. It could be an in memory HTTP server.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/