Re: Change proposal for HTML WG ISSUE-140: Conformance terminology when applicable specifications are used

On 01/18/2011 02:14 PM, Noah Mendelsohn wrote:
> I appreciate the attention that the HTML WG has given to ISSUE-140 [1],
> which was opened in response to concerns raised by me. A change proposal
> to resolve this issue is attached. The WG chair (Paul) has informed me
> that submission via email is acceptable, but if you need additional
> information, please let me know

Submission via email to this list is certainly acceptable, but I do
believe that we need a little more information.

What we are looking for is four items[3].  I believe that what you have
submitted covers item 3.

I'd recommend sending another email to this list with clearly identified
suffice for item 3.

- Sam Ruby

> The attached HTML file is based on the 14 January 2011 version of the
> common infrastructure editors' draft [2]. I'm not familiar work WG
> conventions for marking up changes, so this uses three simple CSS
> classes (add, del, and comment). You can search for these in the source
> if necessary -- there are only a few changes in any case. I hope this
> ad-hoc markup isn't too inconvenient.
>
> Again, thank you for your consideration of the issue, and of this change
> proposal. BTW: this proposal is from me, not from the TAG.
>
> Noah
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/140
> [2] http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/infrastructure.html

[3]