Re: Call for a poll of the html wg on removal of hgroup was Re: review of hgroup element prior to last call.

On Feb 1, 2011, at 11:16 AM, John Foliot wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>
>> That's definitely the case, and we intent to apply the decision policy
>> as usual. If the bug report on this ends up escalated to a tracker
>> issue, we will treat it as a Last Call issue.  All I'm saying is that
>> we do not intend to do anything special outside the bounds of the usual
>> process.
>
> Given the scope of the topic being discussed (should <hgroup> remain) it
> seems that this is beyond just a simple bug, and so it needs to be
> escalated as an issue, then sit back and wait for it to be addressed in
> due course - is that correct Maciej?
>
> Steve, do you care to do the honors?

So far, the editor hasn't resolved the bug yet, and it's been less than 30 days. If the bug gets rejected, or if it sits unaddressed for an overly long time, it would be fine to escalate it to an issue.

Regards,
Maciej