Re: noted 3 issues re: time/data (was Re: minutes for HTML WG f2f, 2011-11-04, part 1)

On 12/08/2011 10:17 AM, Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com wrote:

> With the removal of the "drop pubdate" portion, and the addition of
> space character as allowed alternative for "T" as date/time
> separator, your proposal [2] seems to be fine for me in its current
> form.

While the chairs do plan to give people more time to prepare proposals
and counter proposals, based on the feedback we heard in TPAC and the
(as of now) lack of pushback on the existing Change Proposal for issue
183, the chairs have decided to  vacate *JUST* the <time> portion of the
revert request[1] for change r6783.  The portion of the revert request
which required the restoring of the pubdate attribute and the removal of
the <data> element parts still stand.

Furthermore, we see no need to separate out a second issue[2] for the
<time> element at this time.  Nor do we see a need for the existing
change proposal for an enhanced time element to be developed further
until or unless there are objections.

We further will state that we do not intend to honor any revert requests
in the specific areas covered by the existing change proposal for the
<time> element.

> Thanks.

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0011.html