Re: ISSUE-133 modal-attribute - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

hi Ted,

your wrote:

"Being able to dismiss the dialog by using the escape key is usually
desired, so that's the default behavior, but there are use cases for
modals in which the user needs to pick from N options where none cleanly
map onto a "Cancel" action."

my concern is that not providing a method to dismiss a dialog that cannot be
overidden by the developer may lead to situations where devious developers
will use this to force users to press a button in the dialog.

esc can be used to dismiss javascript alert/confirm/prompts I am unsure
whether this behaviour can be overidden by the author.

In regards to the ARIA mapping for dialog shouldn't the alertdialog (
http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/roles#alertdialog) role also be allowed?

regards
Steve

--