Re: HTML.next and Rechartering

On 08/10/2011 10:12 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> I tend to agree with Sylvia, and furthermore, am not convinced that
> the current feature set of HTML5 is a good "checkpoint" by any
> measure (implementation, feature stability, etc.) both from a
> perspective of features in the draft and features outside the draft.
>
> I think letting HTML5 evolve a bit longer and seeing if there is a
> convergence point among implementations and what features are or are
> not supported would be a better approach.

Do either of you have any specific features in mind?  Can you please
verify that there are existing bug reports and/or that these features
are added to the wiki page:

http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/next

> I don't think a spec-wide "Last Call" draft or period helps this
> purpose and thus perhaps that aspect/phase of the process should
> itself be called into question.

We proceeded to Last Call based on the results of the following poll:

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html5-last-call-poll/results

I do encourage both of you to participate any such polls that we might
have in the future.

> Thanks,
>
> Tantek

- Sam Ruby