Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-131 caret-location-api

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis
<bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 3:47 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> Further, I would call the function setFocusRect rather than
>> setCaretSelectionRect. First off I think this will be used in
>> situations other than driving focus towards a draw caret. Second, I
>> think people tend to think of 'selection' in the context of
>> copy-paste, rather than where the user is currently focusing
>> attention.
>
> Don't follow this comment.
>
> setCaretSelectionRect is intended for carets and selection. It does not
> specify focus.

So if I draw a focused checkbox, then I shouldn't use
setCaretSelectionRect to tell AT software where focus is so that it
can magnify that part of the screen? I thought that was the point of
it?

/ Jonas